Thanks to this app, we’re now able to Register any IMEI as “Eligible” in the MetroPCS Database so you can unlock your Cell Phone using the “Device Unlock” App. Turnaround time for this service is less than 2 Business Days.
This are the models that are currently supported by the Mobile Device Unlock app:
- Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL (OT-5054N)
- HTC Desire 626s
- Kyocera Hydro ELITE (C6740 & C6740N)
- LG Leon 4G LTE (MS345)
- LG G Stylo (MS631)
- LG K7 (MS330)
- LG K10 (MS428)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J700T)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930T1)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (SM-G360T1)
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (SM-G530T1)
- ZTE Avid PLUS (Z828)
- ZTE Obsidian (Z820)
Keep in mind that this MetroPCS unlocking method, applies only to phones that comes with the Pre-Installed Device Unlock App. If your phone does not have this application installed but asks for the "SIM Network Unlock PIN", we can still help you to unlock it by unlock code.
If your phone do have the MetroPCS Device Unlock app, please make sure BEFORE placing an order that your phone shows "Not Eligible for Unlock" error when you tab to open the app.
Once the unlock request is processed, you'll need to:
- Make sure you have an active data connection via 3G/4G/LTE or Wi-Fi.
- From the Application list, tap "Device Unlock" (Note: The application may be located in the MetroPCS folder.)
- Tap Continue.
- Choose the Permanent Unlock type:
- If successful, restart the device to apply the settings.
If instead you have the error "Server not responding" this means that your phone is not able to communicate with MetroPCS Server (Communication Error) and therefore it cannot be unlocked.
Tips to get rid of "Server not Responding" error:
1 - Make sure you use the original Stock ROM from MetroPCS since it will not work if you flash your phone with any custom Firmware from T-Mobile, CyanogenMod, or even an Unbranded ROM.
2 - Make sure you're using the last version of MetroPCS Firmware for your Cell Phone.
3 - Finally (after upgrade) perform a Hard Reset on your Cell Phone (you'll find Hard Reset method on:http://www.hardreset.info or check on YouTube).
4 - Turn off 3G/LTE and force the use of a local WiFi Hotspot.
5 - Make sure you use home Wifi (and not a public/company WiFi since they might use firewall, vpn, etc... that will trouble communication)
If none of these recommendations work for you, then we cannot unlock your device. If you find a way to fix this problem with another method, please let us now so we can help better our community.
In case of problem unlocking your phone after delivery:
- Ask us by email for FIX (we will perform one free FIX without asking for Video Proof)
- If after fix, the phone is still locked, then please contact us by email to get the UNIQUE reference code we will ask you to show in the video (to make sure the video was recorded AFTER we fix)
We only refund for "NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UNLOCK" issue, we will not refund any complaint about "Communication Error" or "Server not responding. please try again later". It is mandatory to check before ordering if your phone have "Server not responding. please try again later." issue. If the answer is yes then you can try to fix this error by performing a hard reset on your phone, or upgrading his firmware. Again make sure your phone can communicate with "Device Unlock App" server BEFORE place your order.
For more information go to: MetroPCS Mobile Device Unlock App
Still have some questions? Please leave your comment below and we will come back to you within 24 hrs.